Saturday, February 17, 2007

Suffering the Consequences

Gatito finally got me to rent rollerblades! Once I had them on I was a lot less sure about the plan than before I put them on, but away we went on the not-so-smooth Spanish sidewalks. He, of course, is a little pro and he was able to give me pointers:
"The first time, is hard. The second is easier. After that, you'll get really good like me."

So, we skated around the 'route' he'd invented for us and when we passed by one of many half-dead caterpillars trying to cross the sidewalk, gatito says, "That caterpillar is suffering the consequences of the end of life." He then explained to me is the same as "suffering the consequences of the end of the game."

So there I have it. Philosophy from gatito!

2 comments:

Dr. Write said...

Ha! I like that it was "suffering the consequences of the end of life" and not just dying. It seems like a kind of zen/yoga philosophy. I love roller blading, but it is difficult.
Have fun rolling around Spain. I hope you suffer no consequences!

middlebrow said...

I also like the implication that one has the option of not suffering.