Tuesday, May 1, 2007

NO EXISTE

The up-side of sending gatito off to the field with El Don for two days where he got to stay in El Palacio and collect dead ants and video tape dung beetles rolling horse manure into little balls was the time to write and think and of course, the excitement he showed upon return and the amazing things I know he's seeing and experiencing (like calling me to describe what every bird species looks like and I'm supposed to look them up in the bird guide (which I unfortunately left in Salt Lake City) and tell him what they're called.

The downside??? the exhaustion he obviously feels on return and of course, it's taken out on ME. The MOTHER. Who else? I got one: "Sylvia, you've used up all my patience." (Now where did he hear THAT?). The throwing away of my mother's day presents (shells from the beach), the writing of NO EXISTE! on the Feliz Dia del Madre card.

What more can I say? It's mother's day in Spain, which I find to be an "intellectually interesting coincidence: with Labor Day.......
But then again, NO EXISTE!!!!!!

3 comments:

Dr. Write said...

Oh, the joy of children. I've just been watching "the Sopranos", so I think if he's not swearing at me, it must be good.
Also, he's in a big Mommy phase right now. Don't know why.
But I feel your pain. For boys, I think, it _is_ all about the mother.

Scorpion's Tail said...

well, apparently he was mistaken 'cause at El Corte Ingles I heard that mother's day is 6th...so I came home & told him he had time to REDEEM himself.
He says, "What does redeem mean?"

Lisa B. said...

Not just boys, I must say, dr. write. It just depends. Anyway, the mom can always be the bad guy--like, forever. Luckily, mostly it just passes and you can just learn (!) to let it pass on by. Practice nonattachment at times like those. Is what my Buddhist friends say--actually, I just fume and cry and nurse my hurt feelings.