Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Three Hams

So we're walking down Reyes Catolicos on our way to Musgo to look for summer dresses (didn't find any without gold or silver sparkles), when Gatito has another one of his "good ideas" (this is what he calls them).
"I know what you can do for a job!" (poor thing has internalized my need for work). "You can open a Spanish bar in Salt Lake!"
Laughter.
"Seriously. We'll buy three hams and hang two of them up. The third one we'll cut and use to serve people. El Don knows how to cook gambas alajillo and espinacas con garbanzos and all our friends will come to eat. You'll make lots of money."

But there forms the idea for a fall party....All our friends...El Don cooking our Spanish favorites, perhaps a few paper mache hams hanging above. Maybe we can even make jamon-shaped pinatas and the kids can beat them to death.

4 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I think the Spanish bar idea is a keeper. And would a dress with sparkles in it be so bad?

Dr. Write said...

I too like the Spanish tapas bar idea. But will settle for a party. Also love the idea of three hams. Two for show. Smart kid.
I miss gambas y acetunas y vino de Espana. Que lastima!
We miss you. Looking forward to spanish and any other kind of party.
Go to Sol y Sombra one more time for me!

Nik said...

Yeah, that kid is onto something. Hams in windows bring the Utahns a-comin'.

Counterintuitive said...

I'm all over a spanish bar in SLC; we need a more low-brow spanish restaurant here. I love the food at Cafe Madrid but it's so small and so high falutin and very expensive.